What better opportunity to flaunt your curves than on your wedding day! But the pressure to look perfect might spoil the fun. Also all eyes would be on the bride, quite an overwhelming fact if you have body issues. So stop fretting about the extra ounce of fat on the waistline and check out these simple makeup and dressing tips and tricks help you look leaner and sexier,
Go for a gown that flatters your figure
Your wedding dress should complement your figure. Vertical cuts and strategic slits can make you look taller and slimmer than you actually are. You can even divert from the conventional white to other darker shades such as red and purple, or throw in some accessories and layering to conceal the bulging waistline. Ensure that the dress fits you well.
Body shapers, slips and underclothes are your support system. Wearing proper fitting under garments help uplifting the bust and tuck the tummy in. Consult your designer on the proper lingerie and whether it would suit your wedding dress. Pear shaped ladies should invest in shapewear and body trimming garments.
Proper posture is important
Proper posture goes a long way in ensuring a toned silhouette. Don’t slouch, it not only looks shabby but exposes the folds of fat on the back and waistline as well. Keep your back straight and shoulders firm, you can hunch from time to time to avoid cramps. Shift your weight and be comfortable; you’re not at a parade, you’re at a wedding.
Stilettoes and nude pumps
The easiest and quickest way to add a few inches to your frame is by wearing high pencil heels or pumps. Go for chromatic shades and nude colours such as peach and lilac to create an impression of long shapely legs. Also prefer pointed toe heels to square ones, toe heels make your ankles look dainty and calf muscles appear toned.
A V-neck or deep neckline that shows a hint of cleavage is a smart way to divert people from the problem areas, drawing attention to the assets. Plunging necklines also accentuate your neck and collar bones helping you look skinny and sexy.
Some makeup hacks and accessories:
- Apply light makeup and focus more on the eyes
- Play with your hair, try elegant buns and hairdos
- Apply a dark shade of blush and bronzer to sculpt your cheekbones and jawline
- Get a waist trainer (recommended HourglassChic Waist Cinchers). If you need more options then you can read reviews for waist training corsets at Omorfio.
- Use a tan cream to get a beautiful brown complexion
- Dark shades of lip colour makes your face look fat and older
- Accessorise! Try chokers, tiaras and tassels for the extra oomph
- Try a highlighter to enhance your best features and create a sharper face cut
The bottom line:
A woman looks the prettiest on her wedding day; follow these tips to enhance your figure. Look slimmer without any of the painful cosmetic treatments and workout regimes.